Saturday, September 17, 2016
It is EARLY Saturday morning - 6:30 AM and even though I stayed up late last night I still couldn't "sleep in." Well, technically, I did sleep one hour later than on school days, but yes, I am a "morning person." I am married to a "night person" so the house is quiet this morning. I am surrounded by my two dogs as I am writing this as an example for those of you in my nutrition and foods classes. You may never click on the link to look at my example, so you may never see this.
I am not a writer. While I am somewhat creative in other areas, I am not a creative writer in any sense. I love to read and I don't mind writing, but I consider it a weak area for me. I would not want Ms. Burton or Dr. Rummage reading this! One of the things my bosses have challenged all the teachers to do this year is to write frequently. So here goes . . .
Another confession - Along with being a morning person, I am also a BAKER. That should come as no shock to you since I confided that the first day of class. I used to bake more than I do now, but I still love to bake when I have the time. I like baking breads, because I like to EAT breads of all types. I like baking cakes, pies, and cookies, so I can give them to people or share them with friends. I like the feeling I get when something I bake pleases someone else! What do I plan for fun if we get one of those all too few snow days??? Watching Disney movies and baking, baking, baking. I grew up in a time period when there was a Pillsbury doughboy commercial that said, "Nothing says lovin, like something from the oven." Yes, that could be my personal slogan. FYI - The doughboy was a bit thicker through the mid-section in those days.
That is all for now! I just wanted you to get a sense of the style for a blog. Let your personality show!!! THIS POST BADLY NEEDS A PICTURE OF ME BAKING OR AT LEAST A PICTURE OF MY DOGS.
Of yeah - while I am labeling myself, I am a dog person, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment